Receiving an order on your WooCommerce online store is pure joy. The first thing you do when an order arrives is to send a confirmation order email to the customer. Surely, a boring email template is not what you must be planning to send, right? The emails you send have to suit your store’s standards, and be more than what the generic WooCommerce settings offer. Agree?
Most of the WooCommerce store owners feel the need to customize their transactional emails (not just order emails) with their logo, promotional products and other details. If you feel the same way, then you are totally right. Let’s dive deep into why and how customizing the WooCommerce email templates will help your online business.
Why Should You Customize WooCommerce Emails?
The transactional emails are the most frequent interactions between you and the customers. In fact, the first thing they receive upon signing up to your site is a welcome email. Shouldn’t it look impressive?
Not only the welcome email, but every other transactional email like processing order, completed order, refunded order, password reset, and so on, need to look impressive. Let me tell you why:
- The customer is actually looking forward to receive them because they are confirmation to the customer’s activity.
- They are one-to-one mails, and are meant for the particular customer.
- The default WooCommerce emails aren’t that interesting.
- Your online store deserves well-designed emails.
So, your WooCommerce emails have to look nice and that’s why you should customize them.
How To Customize WooCommerce Emails
The WooCommerce emails are formed from templates. The default WooCommerce templates can be customized upto a certain level from the WooCommerce > Settings > Emails panel.
Some features you can customize using the WooCommerce settings include the header image, footer text, font color and background color. But if you need to alter many details, you will have to modify through code (which can be really tiring).
So, from what we know already, a normal WooCommerce email would do no justice to your brand, and customizing them from code is just too complex.
Now, the obvious solution is to go for a plugin and there are so many email plugins out there. Among all of them, the one I feel is a great tool for not only customizing, but building an email from scratch is the WooCommerce Email Customizer With Drag-And-Drop Builder.
While other plugins merely let you edit the header, footer and add logo, this plugin does more than just editing. Let’s take a closer look:
WooCommerce Email Customizer With Drag-And-Drop Builder
This WooCommerce email customizer plugin just eliminates all sorts of boredom related to emails. It comes with a drag-and-drop builder for constructing templates for all sorts of transactional emails. Yes, you can literally “build” an email in seconds and send it across to your customers.
New Order email for the store owner - WooCommerce Email Customizer
- Powerful drag and drop email builder built with Vue.js.
- 15+ elements including text, images, button, paragraphs, social icons and more.
- Customize everything in your WooCommerce order email.
- Include the dynamic data like order summary, customer information, products in the order using short codes.
- Short codes will be dynamically replaced with the respective WooCommerce data before the email is sent to the customer.
- Add your logo, images, a header, a footer, custom body and more.
- Live-preview of your changes. Use an order to see how your emails would look like
- Send a test email to validate your design.
- Support for WooCommerce Custom Order Status manager
- Support for WooCommerce Checkout Field Editor
- WordPress Multisite compatible
- Supports multiple languages
You can also customize the emails for every single order in fraction of minutes, if you wish. All you have to do is:
- Install WooCommerce Email Customizer With Drag-And-Drop Builder in your site.
- Go to WooCommerce > WooCommerce Email Customizer.
- Start building templates in a few clicks!
Advantages Of Customizing WooCommerce Emails
Now that you know why and how to customize your WooCommerce order emails, let’s talk about how it can benefit your business.
Let’s say your order email consists of your brand logo, brand name, order details, shipping details, billing details, your social links, footer text and a Call-To-Action button, all in your favorite font and color. Both you and the customer would feel satisfied with the detailing. This is possible with the email customizer plugin we just discussed.
Result: The customer may come back to your site by clicking the CTA button.
So, with customized emails,
- Send nice looking transactional emails
- Advertise products on email with images
- Show your offers using banners/header images on emails
- Gain customer interaction with Call-To-Action buttons
- Your emails can do justice to your brand
In addition to the advantages, let’s talk about the disadvantages of NOT having a customized email as well.
Imagine that you are sending the generic WooCommerce email, with just a header text, header image(logo), and order details with a default “Thank you for your order” text. Sounds good? No? That’s how the customer feels, too.
Result: The customer does not even take a second look at the email. You might miss out on the chance of impressing and engaging the customer.
As I mentioned earlier, the transactional emails are the most active communication between you and your customer. The customer either ignores them or is tempted to visit your site again. The look and feel of the email plays a very important role in the customer’s choice. Make the most out of your customer’s attention by sending the best emails ever!
Have your transactional emails helped you make a change in your business? Share with us in the comments. We’d love to hear from you!