Whether you want to start a successful store to sell your stuff or a blog that acquires hundreds of thousands of readers, there are some common things you just have to take care off. Like putting in the effort to make your site rank higher. Or acquiring more email subscribers. These are some basic marketing tactics you need to apply to make your website a success.
Every business wants their blog or site to be ranked higher in search engines, but investing manual effort in achieving those benchmarks can be tiresome. So, if you wish to adapt your business to this everchanging digital world, you should automate your marketing tactics by using necessary plugins.
We’ve compiled a list of some WordPress Plugins, that are a must for your website. These plugins will take care of the marketing efforts for you and in turn help, you acquire more customers.
Ultimate Blocks is a Gutenberg Blocks plugin that offers more than 18 custom blocks. This plugin is mainly designed for bloggers and marketers. It’s a must have plugin if you are using the WordPress Gutenberg editor. It extends the functionality of Gutenberg to help you to do more with the new editor. Some of the essential blocks are table of contents, call to action, image slider, click to tweet, progress bar, etc.
- Blocks Manager to let you enable/disable individual blocks to keep your site fast and lightweight.
- Supports two types of schemas – Review and FAQs.
- Best choice if you are running a blog or have a blog section on your website.
Google XML sitemaps is a useful tool to create clean sitemaps for your WordPress website so search engine bots can crawl and index it easily. The Google Sitemap tool is that it gives you a lot of control over how you want your site to be indexed. And it requires very little technical know-how to operate it. This tool also helps you index your site on other search engines like Yahoo and Bing as well.
- When your sitemap is generated it is automatically submitted to the search engines.
- You can choose to not index certain web pages on your site.
- You can allot different priorities to different pages on your site. This tells Google how much importance is due to a particular page while indexing.
Note: A lot of users on different forums have said that major errors occur when you use Google sitemaps simultaneously with other plugins like Yoast that offer sitemaps too. So make sure you disable sitemap generation bu other plugins when using this tool.
Yoast is a must-have plugin for any WordPress website. WordPress’s biggest advantage is that its users can achieve a high SEO score quite easily. And Yoast makes it better. It does a thorough page analysis based on common factors that affect your SEO score. It checks if there are a suffcicient number of images if your description is the too long or too brief. It also ensures you’ve chosen your primary keywords so you’ll rank better.
- Comes with inbuilt Opengraph Metatags and XML Sitemaps
- Allows you to import and export SEO Data.
- Great if you are looking to run a single WordPress website. It’s pricey if you want it on multiple websites
This is a pretty simple plugin that is easy to install and integrates smoothly with Google Analytics. Monster Insight’s Google Analytics plugin basically brings your Google Analytics dashboard as embedded analytics in your WordPress website. You can track your visitors, the number of downloads, and clicks on your links.
- View all your site’s analytics in your WordPress dashboard. You don’t have to keep shifting between your website and your Analytics account. This plugin brings it all together.
- Provides you with added filters to narrow down, segment and understand your site’s visitor base better.
This plugin is a must-have for your website. Broken links affect your search engine ranking in a major way. And it qualifies for bad user experience as well. So eliminating dead links is extremely important. Broken Link Checker parses every piece of content including bookmarks, posts, and comments looking for links that need to be removed or rectified. It then displays a list of bad or dead links.
- Displays an action to be taken on the link like ‘Edit URL’, ‘Not Broken’ ‘Unlink’ ‘Dismiss’.
- It prevents search engines from following broken links.
Leadin is the ideal tool for your business’s digital marketer. Leadin helps you understand and track visitor behavior on your website. This helps you to better equip your website with content that your visitors are looking for. Leadin is a great tool to asses your website’s usability and to see if your visitors find what they’re looking for on it. You can also check which sources are bring your leads in.
- You’re notified the moment a new lead arrives.
- Leadin has a tagging feature which essentially allows you to sort your leads into different groups based on the action they take on your site.
- See the progress of a particular lead. Has he converted recently and reached the next stage of your lead funnel of if he’s stagnant for a long time.
We don’t have to tell you that one of the best ways to market to your customers via email newsletters. Its how every business does it. But only a few businesses succeed in having a quality email subscriber base that converts. Optin Monster is a popular plugin that gives you different ways to display an opt-in form to your a visitor on your site. You can also choose to display your form only on certain pages. A great optin form is convincing and encourages the user to enter his email ID and subscribe.
- Create any kind of form. Popups, footer boxes, sidebar forms, floating headers.
- A/B test your forms to see which form gets you the most customers.
- Optin can detect when a user is going to leave your page, and it immediately displays an optin box. Users who show no signs of exiting can browse your website with no interruptions.
These plugins are a must for your WordPress website. They pretty much take care of a broad range of marketing efforts for you. Try it out and let us know if there are other easier alternatives.